Sunday 7 August 2011

THE RAIN IN GUDALUR

Ok – so we are back from town…it started raining whilst we were there so it became very difficult to ‘purchase’ – they call shopping  ‘purchasing’ here…I quite like it! The town is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I was trying to prepare for all eventualities when I was packing as I didn’t think that I would be able to get anything here and that we would be in the middle of nowhere- but that is not the case. Although the town is kind of in the middle of nowhere – there are a fair few shops and places to eat in town. We don’t need to cook for ourselves though as there is a lovely local lady named Mala who comes each day to make our meals. We met her this morning at breakfast and she is so kind and smiley! I will try to get a photo of her!



The picture above shows Gudalur town and a tuk-tuk (aka. Auto-rickshaw) can be seen, which I did such a poor job of describing before!

The rain...!


























We took shelter in a fruit shop and bought lots of yummy fruit. The bananas here are teeny-tiny but taste absolutely delicious!! You need to eat about 3 or 4 to get a normal-sized bananas worth, but they are so good! I have already eaten about 6 of them!




I will write again tomorrow to tell you about my first day at the hospital, but bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment